Hastelloy C 276 Rod endows with wider resistance to corrosion in the variety of corrosive and chemical media as well as pitting and crevice corrosion. It resists oxidation at about 1900oF.
Characteristics of Hastelloy C-276 Rod:-
1. Resistant to wet chloride gas, hypochlorite and chlorine dioxide solutions.
2. Outstanding resistance to strong solutions of oxidizing salts, such as ferric and cupric chlorides.
3. Suitable for many chemical process applications.
Applications of Hastelloy C-276 Rod:-
1. Digester and bleach plants in the paper industry.
2. Components exposed to sour gas.
3. Equipment for flue-gas desulfurization plants.
4. Evaporators, heat exchangers, filters and mixers used in sulphuric acid environments.