Sermorelin acetate is a recently synthesized (man-made) peptide analogue of growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) a naturally occurring hormone that is produced in the hypothalamus and stimulates and controls the production of growth hormone (GH) within the pituitary gland. GHRH, which is necessary for growth and development, was first described by Nobel Laureates R. Guilleman and A Shalley. In the 1970s one of their students, William Wehrenberg, began studying which part of the GHRH molecule was essential in stimulating the pituitary gland.
SERMORELIN FUNCTION AND TRAITS
By removing individual amino acids from the GHRH molecule, Wehrenberg found that only the first 29 amino acids were essential for the stimulation of GH production in the pituitary gland. Semorelin is therefore only comprised of these 29 essential amino acids, forming a short polypeptide chain that is considered one of the shortest functional fragments of the GHRH molecule. It was first developed with a one-step chromatographic method capable of separating all isomers of polyethylene glycol (PEG) from naturally occurring GHRH.
The biological effects of sermorelin were first observed in vitro cultures of rat pituitary cells. When compared to other GHRH analogues, sermorelin was found to be the most potent, potentially 4-5 times as potent as naturally produced GHRH. Recent studies of other GHRH analogues in pigs have also found synthetic GHRH analogues to be more effective than the naturally occurring hormone.
Sermorelin is now used as a standard test for growth hormone secretion and is primarily prescribed for children who do not produce GH properly and fail to grow healthily as a result. It has a secondary, off-label use in “repairing” declining GH levels (a natural side effect of aging that leads to weight gain, decreased strength and muscle mass, and insomnia in elder subjects). GH levels typically peak at around 20 years of age in humans and fall by about 14% for every decade that passes, but use of Sermorelin can potentially rejuvenate GH back to youthful levels.
EFFECTS OF SEMORELIN
Sermorelin has a wide range of positive effects. Due to its nature as a GHRH, sermorelin only increases the body’s ability to produce more growth hormone; it is not an injection of growth hormone itself. In both a performance enhancing and general well-being sense, sermorelin has a wide array of benefits that make it a powerful and valuable substance.
- Mental: Focus and mental clarity improve, leading to an easing of general day-to-day tasks. Libido can be heightened and users have reported an improvement in their sex lives. General fatigue as well depression can also be reduced. All of these qualities can lead to a generally healthier, happier lifestyle.
- Physical: Sermorelin increases the development of lean body mass through the development of new muscle cells and reduces body fat through lipolysis. This leads to increased strength and endurance and improved muscle tone as well as improved skin elasticity (smoother, less wrinkly skin) and loss of cellulite. Calcium retention improves, leading to the increased mineralization of bone (bone density), strengthening the skeletal system.
- General enhancement: Protein synthesis increases, leading to the stimulation of all internal organs (including the heart) except for the brain. Cholesterol levels fall. Regardless of the purpose of use, joint and muscle pain is lessened, one’s recovery time from wounds increases, and the immune system improves. The individual will not tire as quickly and will be able to go longer in their daily activities, be those exercise related or other. Deeper, more restful and satisfying sleep can be expected (some have reported more vivid dreams) and hair can becomes thicker, fuller, and more lustrous.
SIDE EFFECTS OF SEMORELIN
There are a significant number of potential side effects that come with the use of sermorelin, although in the vast majority of cases the side effects, if present at all, are relatively mild. While side effects are certainly possible and semorelin is not risk-free, for a healthy adult these risk can be minimized and many will find no negative side effects at all.
- Common side effects: The most common side effects (about 17% of total cases) include pain, swelling, and/or redness at the injection site. These side effects usually do not require medical attention. Less common are itching and trouble swallowing. As with any peptide, allergic reactions can occur. Many patients develop antibodies to growth hormone-releasing hormone at least once during treatment with sermorelin. However, the significance of these antibodies is not known. Their presence does not appear to affect growth, nor do they cause specific side effects. In less than 1% of cases, dizziness, flushing, headache, hyperactivity, or sleepiness have been reported. The use of semorelin could also potentially lead to reduced risk of hypertension, stroke/aneurysm/heart attack, heart and kidney failure, and vision changes or loss, however none of these conditions have been conclusively linked to its use.
- Medical risk: Studies in rats, rabbits, and pigs have shown there to be an adverse effect upon the fetuses of pregnant females. There have been no studies at all regarding this product and its risks in human females who are pregnant or trying to become pregnant and it is currently unknown whether sermorelin is released in mammalian breast milk. Using alcohol, tobacco or other medications (especially corticosteroids and glucocorticoid) with certain products may cause certain unwanted interactions to occur. Speak to your healthcare professional about other medicines you take and your lifestyle choices before starting to use this substance. The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this product, so always check with your doctor beforehand, especially if you suffer from an under/hyperactive thyroid. Long-term studies to determine if sermorelin has any carcinogenic properties in either humans or animals have not been conducted, but neither have any reports of cancer caused by semorelin been reported.
Package:Aluminum foil bags or fiber drum
DeliveryTime:About 7 days